The Brooklyn Conservative Party, as part of the NYS Conservative Party, has these as its priorities for 2019.
We will promote them here in Brooklyn, and through our elected officials, hope to pass as many as we can into law.
- We support term limits for the Governor, Lt. Governor, Comptroller, Attorney General, and Members of the Senate and Assembly and the first passage of a Constitutional Amendment establishing Initiative and Referendum and Recall.
- Rejection of extending the millionaire’s tax.
- Rejection of a “congestion pricing plan.”
- We support a “flat tax” where every household in New York State pays the same percentage of their income thereby making it possible to eliminate nuisance taxes and the further reduction in corporate and personal income taxes to stimulate economic growth.
- We reject all efforts to encourage physician’s assisted suicide, also known as “death with dignity” and we also reject efforts to further expand abortion and the use of taxpayer’s money to pay for abortions.
- We support law enforcement agencies efforts utilizing all effective law enforcement techniques, such as profiling, surveillance and stop, question and frisk that keeps citizens safe.
- New York State government should require all law enforcement agencies to hold for federal law enforcement officials any person in our state illegally and prohibit any state or municipality from becoming a sanctuary government.
- We support the encouragement of educational choice programs through establishment of a system of educational tax credits or deductions and/or vouchers in payment to parents or school districts for expenses incurred in elementary or secondary education, and we support expanding the number of Charter Schools in New York State. We support the merit testing of students for admission into specialized high schools.
- School districts that decide to permit school personnel to have access to firearms should be provided training and support by state and local law enforcement.
- The Conservative Party continues to oppose Governor Cuomo’s free college education, while acknowledging that the cost of higher education is far too expensive. “Free” community college or universities is even more costly to taxpayers. Therefore, all levels of higher education should be made available on-line to lower the cost. Gov. Cuomo’s proposal to require food pantries at all SUNY and CUNY campuses should be rejected. We reject efforts to establish a “Dream Act” that rewards illegal immigrants with a college education at the expense of our citizens. We support initiatives that examine the ever increasing cost of higher education.
- We believe that any attempt to amend the Human Rights Law to include “transgender” language as a special class of citizens should be rejected.
- The Executive Branch must end the practice of disbursing economic development council grants and tax credits that are used to benefit favored entities and creates unjust favoritism with taxpayers’ funds that prevents competing on a level playing field.
- Any attempt to establish “early voting” or instant voter registration in New York State must be rejected. Political campaigns should not be financed with tax dollars.